Thursday, July 19, 2007
London with a friend
At the end of May I went to London to teach some classes and a girlfriend of mine joined me there and we had a great time! We spent a couple of days at a beautiful old Manor House called Frimley Hall in Camberley. We had scones and clotted cream with our tea (for tea on Sunday afternoon) and the weather was flawless. It was quite a treat! Then we stayed for the remainder of the time at the Marriott with Exec status...so we had breakfast and dinner in the Exec lounge (whenever we weren't out running around). We took the underground into Londaon a few times and it was very cool. We took the "Jack The Ripper Walk" a couple of miles going to all the murder scenes. Pretty graphic and very creepy....and because it was such a bad part of town I was HIGHLY motivated to stay in the middle of the group and never once did I fall behind! We also saw the changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace. It felt like "battle of the bands" and I wondered if the guard ever just thinks "Can't I just go to work like everyone else?" Anyway...it was cool. And it was COLD, too! Frickin' Freezing when the rain kicked up. But that is part of my experience in London, too. It was fun....but fun to be home, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment