Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Almost Paris....but not quite!

Now that I have had a GREAT night's sleep and a nice cafe latte with breakfast I am feeling more human. The people at the hotel are very nice and helpful. The weather here is absolutely frigid! It is 0 degrees (C) so 32 F but it feels WAAAAAAYYYY colder! That is because it is damp, I am sure. I checked on my options this morning and here is what played out. $44 to go to either of Disneyland Park or Disney Studios- both are only of moderate interest (since I have been to Disney World) and since I am not interested in riding rides alone I will probably not do either of those. I can take a cab into paris but it would cost me $200 Euros (or $225 US dollars) for a cab ride there and back. If I want them to wait and show me around it would be more like $300!!! That might be worth it (since, as they say, you only get to Paris once)but since Nick and I will be in the city of Paris next month I think I will wait until then to see Paris (More fun with Nick, anyway). So....my day will consist of a brisk walk around the Disney lake (It is very beautiful and just invites you to walk around it. I just bought a sweathsirt, gloves, scarf and hat so I am going to dress warmly and go for a walk aroun d the lake (about a mile or so, I would guess). Then I will go to the only open place and have a coffee (maybe lunch) and then I will come back to the room and pull my work stuff together.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Did you mean when you and Nick go to Munich you will take a side trip? The walk around the lake sounds terrific. Yes, winter in Europe always seems much colder. When I went home last year, took me forever to get warm, although they keep the heat down much lower than we do here.