Thursday, January 18, 2007

San Francisco

Here it is late at night and I just got back from dinner with my clients. Very nice people. Day 1 of my class today. That is always the hardest day as I have to do some pretty intense role-plays and that always stresses me out a little. Day 2 is always easy and fun...I get to see how much they learned from day 1. Anyway...the city is beautiful at night and the people were very welcoming..so I am glad I went. The cab driver this morning drove me through town so I got to see Nob Hill (very upscale) and I kept thinking that the folks in COS could really learn from the San Fran folks about how to build on a hill! They have it figured out! Very cool city. I am staying at the Marriott in Fisherman's Wharf. Nice hotel, great staff. Two people in the class today told compelling stories as part of obscure facts. One was a guest on Dr Phil (and talked about his impressions of what happens when therapy meets showmanship...quite interesting perspective). Another person talked about finding $4M in a hidey hole in Afghanistan and turning it in (amazing...he did the right thing...I was impressed) I need to write a book on the fascinating things that have happened to people I meet. Need to think about a cool book that I could write "The people I meet" Anyway...nearing midnight and I have a class to teach in the morning. Best wishes to anyone who reads this! Bye for now.

2 comments:

Emrys said...

Yeah I can't wait to go visit that city : )

Pauline said...

I am all for the book, what a hoot! People are amazing arent they. When you think you have them pegged someone does something that just blows you away. Have a great second day. See you Sunday. :)